Forum Navigation
Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: Meets & EventsLE 40 (Summer 2020)
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

LE 40 (Summer 2020)

As we are sure you are aware next year sees the 40th anniversary of the UK Limited Edition models which were built between August and October 1980.

To celebrate this we are looking to arrange an event at one of the following locations sometime during June to August next year with the idea of a road run and meeting in one of the following -

Abingdon

Gaydon Motor Heritage Museum

Haynes Motor Museum

We will keep you informed as plans progress and if you have any ideas or would like to help organise or run the event please let us know.

Kindest regards

Colin, Michelle & Bob

If it ain't broken don't try to fix it as if you do it will definitely break

Hi Colin, Michelle & Bob

May I suggest that Abingdon would be a good location for a main event in 2020 as it is fairly central and is the home of MG.

There could also be a smaller gathering on another day at Haynes for members in the south west , if you wish I would be willing to help in organising this

Martyn

Hi Colin
Great to hear from you. Not seen you since Stoneleigh last February.

Somehow I was unable to send my response for your LE40 poll via facebook, maybe someone could teach me how to use facebook someday as it somehow stopped me from loading up a posting from Michelle recently too?!

Delighted that this idea has been mooted, I am up for it just so long as I am in country (daughter wants me to visit her in Melbourne Australia some time next year not sure when!...)

All of the first 3 locations are OK for me, not too sure about travelling to Yeovil for the Haines motor museum but if that was the chosen venue then I would try to be there.

Best wishes

Chris P

Good Morning Everyone.

Great to see that we are thinking of an event for 2020. Any of the above three are ok for us depending on the date & health.  If we could hold a poll that could sort things out then I could put the event in the Enjoying MG Mag.

I will get a stand for Stoneleigh, whenever they get the application forms out I shall do so. The NEC has just finished so the forms will be out next year and that is if we are lucky enough to get excepted. As soon as any news is available I shall let you all know.

Bob

Bob Hubbard

Good Morning Everyone.

Great to see that we are thinking of an event for 2020. Any of the above three are ok for us depending on the date & health.  If we could hold a poll that could sort things out then I could put the event in the Enjoying MG Mag.

I will get a stand for Stoneleigh, whenever they get the application forms out I shall do so. The NEC has just finished so the forms will be out next year and that is if we are lucky enough to get excepted. As soon as any news is available I shall let you all know.

Bob

Bob Hubbard

Just put these ideas in the back of the Enjoying MG Mag to get some more exposure to members.

I know the show has only just finished but the NEC has just sent out the application form for next year . The show is for 13 – 15 November 2020 so we would need to set up on the 12th, so make a note of the dates if your interested. More details as I get them on other posts a bit later.

Also so has Stoneleigh. Details on separate posts.

Bob

Bob Hubbard

Colin / Bob

Love to attend any event next year to celebrate the 40th / 45th birthday of the LE's & Jubilee's.

However are you aware that it also the 25th birthday of the F/TF and they have a event on at Gaydon on 25th /26th July 2020

Colin

LE Roadster 977

MAW123W

Colin / Bob

Love to attend any event next year to celebrate the 40th / 45th birthday of the LE's & Jubilee's.

However are you aware that it also the 25th birthday of the F/TF and they have a event on at Gaydon on 25th /26th July 2020

Colin

LE Roadster 977

MAW123W