Forum Navigation
Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumTechnical: Members ProjectsRLW 7W
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

RLW 7W

Things have progressed a lot since the last update, but I've learnt that it's the little things that take the time.

The car is back on its wheels now. The front bumper is completely mounted and so is the grill. The bonnet is bolted on and the latching mechanism in place. Still got the bonnet release cable to put in place so the grill isn't on properly yet. I somehow managed to weld the bonnet stay in the wrong place but it'll do for now.

I've also got the doors bolted on, and got the drivers door completely assembled other than the interior trim. I'm shocked at how badly it lines up. I'm 100% sure that one of the previous owners reskinned it without lending a single thought to how well it lined up so now I'm going to have to make a decision whether to play with this until it fits properly or buy another door. I've still got the passenger door to tackle so I don't know if that one is as bad or not.

I've got headlights mostly complete but not yet fitted. Perhaps they'll go on the car this coming week.

Washer bottle is fitted and washers work. They successfully pump water into the interior because I have no windscreen.

I've got air filter mounted in its final home behind the front grill.

I've also spent some time on the engine tidying up wiring & making an EGR and secondary air pump simulator so the check engine light doesn't stay on. I doubt that'll have any effect on performance but it's nice to see no error codes.

Next, I have to get door & window rubbers & a windscreen. It's close to being MOT ready but probably still a few mths off, realistically.

I also got an insurance quote. £180 per yr with everything declared and with an agreed valuation. That's about 2x the price of a std MGB. Apparently they'll replace all mods like for like if it's a total loss. I call BS on that one 😀

At least this virus thingy means I'm not missing any car shows. I'm determined to take it to at least one this season - at least the Kent Classic Car Show in September.

If you build it, they will come

Home made EGR simulator. Finally I have no EML.

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_20200319_174102.jpg

Latest engine bay pics

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_20200327_201050.jpg
  • IMG_20200327_201101.jpg

it's looking like it has always been there .... very impressive

If it ain't broken don't try to fix it as if you do it will definitely break